We’re prayerfully entering the process of searching for a new Senior Pastor, and our Call Committee is an integral part of this process. The team is composed of a diverse group of volunteers and members of our Council who are deeply committed to our church family. Vanderbloemen was hired and the process has started with a survey that the congregation recently filled out.
Vanderbloemen is :
- A Christian executive search organization with the largest church database of over 85,000 candidates
- Call committee and Council met in person with our consultant in mid September to develop a search profile that Vanderbloemen will use to find our candidates
- Their staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 200+ collective years of church leadership
- Vanderbloemen believes in their hiring process so much that they actually guarantee it for 2 years
-Per their website: "We’ve worked with 50+ denominations across the theological spectrum, and there is no Christian organization too small or too big for us.
We love the “big C” Church and believe that it deserves the very best. Serving the Kingdom is the heartbeat of our organization and what drives our work each day. Our desire is to provide comprehensive people solutions to the Church so that it can fulfill its greatest potential here on Earth."
1. Vanderbloemen announces the open position, leverages their network, and contacts potential candidates to apply.
2. All candidates apply for the role through Vanderbloemen.
3. Vanderbloemen interviews applicants and approves viable candidates for Trinity’s Call Committee to review.
4. Trinity's Call Committee reviews candidates and conducts thorough interviews to narrow their selection to 2-3 candidates.
5. These candidates are presented to the Council for approval then to be voted on my the voting members of the congregation.
6. The Senior Pastor will be called by the Council President after the Council has ascertained the support of the membership of the church.
7. If the Council does not call the Senior Pastor candidate, the process will start over with new candidates from Vanderbloemen.(Vanderbloemen will gather our feedback to determine why the canidate was not approved and use that input to complete another round of vetted candidates. This process will continue until Trinity finds a match.)
The meeting schedule:
Zoom meeting with consultant, Rick Callahan
Mid-point check-in meeting to discuss interest in the position
Congregational meeting - Question & answer session about our process
Presentation of candidates to the Call Committee
If we are interested in any of the candidates presented, interviews will be conducted by December 20.