We’re prayerfully entered the process of searching for a new Senior Pastor, and our Call Committee is an integral part of this process. The team is composed of a diverse group of volunteers and members of our Council who are deeply committed to our church family. Vanderbloemen was hired and the process has started with a survey that the congregation recently filled out.
Vanderbloemen is :
- A Christian executive search organization with the largest church database of over 85,000 candidates
- Call committee and Council met in person with our consultant in mid September to develop a search profile that Vanderbloemen will use to find our candidates
- Their staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 200+ collective years of church leadership
- Vanderbloemen believes in their hiring process so much that they actually guarantee it for 2 years
-Per their website: "We’ve worked with 50+ denominations across the theological spectrum, and there is no Christian organization too small or too big for us.
We love the “big C” Church and believe that it deserves the very best. Serving the Kingdom is the heartbeat of our organization and what drives our work each day. Our desire is to provide comprehensive people solutions to the Church so that it can fulfill its greatest potential here on Earth."
1. Vanderbloemen announces the open position, leverages their network, and contacts potential candidates to apply.
2. All candidates apply for the role through Vanderbloemen.
3. Vanderbloemen interviews applicants and approves viable candidates for Trinity’s Call Committee to review.
4. Trinity's Call Committee reviews candidates and conducts thorough interviews to narrow their selection to 2-3 candidates.
5. These candidates are presented to the Council for approval then to be voted on my the voting members of the congregation.
6. The Senior Pastor will be called by the Council President after the Council has ascertained the support of the membership of the church.
7. If the Council does not call the Senior Pastor candidate, the process will start over with new candidates from Vanderbloemen.(Vanderbloemen will gather our feedback to determine why the canidate was not approved and use that input to complete another round of vetted candidates. This process will continue until Trinity finds a match.)
The meeting schedule:
Zoom meeting with consultant, Rick Callahan
Mid-point check-in meeting to discuss interest in the position
Congregational meeting - Question & answer session about our process
Presentation of candidates to the Call Committee
Four potential candidates' resumes were presented to the call committee
Each candidate presented a 5 minute pre-recorded video talk to the call committee introducing self and background
The Call committee reviewed clips of sermons from each candidate
Next steps will be a zoom call to each candidate to "get to know them" and talk with them via zoom.
Four Canidates were interviewed on December 20.
January 29, 2023 a Congregational meeting was held after the 10:30 am worship service. The call committee had an update on the Pastoral search.
- Interviews were conducted and selection was narrowed down to two canidates. Further interviews will be conducted along with an in-person interview. If council approves of canidate there will be a meet and greet, as well as, a sermon presented by the canidate. Members* of the congregation will have final vote on acceptance of canidate. Voting members are described in the Constitution and Bylaws of the church.
March 2023 UPDATE-- Trinity's council has approved Pastoral Candidate, Jeremiha Gomez. Going forward, you as the congregation will have opportunities to meet and ask questions to Jeremiah. Here is the schedule:
SUNDAY MARCH 26th - 12:00 pm Meet and Greet along with a Q&A for congregation in the sanctuary
SATURDAY APRIL 8th - 8:00 am -10:00 am Jeremiah will be at the Men's Breakfast
SUNDAY APRIL 16th 11:45 am Q&A with Pastor Brian (insight of what he'll do in retirement)
MONDAY APRIL 17th - 6:30 pm Q&A for congregation
TUESDAY APRIL 18th - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm S.A.L.T. (Senior Adults Living Triumphantly) Brunch
SUNDAY APRIL 23rd - Worship services sermon by Jeremiah
SUNDAY APRIL 30th - Congregational Vote at both service.
Voting members must be present, 18 years old and older, baptized members of this congregation who have worshiped and contributed to the “General Fund” during the preceding 12 months. If you would like to verify your status, please see Lisa Beatty at the Next Steps after the service. Voting will take place before and after each service. The process will be explained by Council President Dave Butler.
The votes are in! With a 93.4% of the congregational vote affirming our pastoral candidate, we would like to welcom Jeremiah Gomez as our new Pastor at Trinity Church.
If you have further questions about the process please contact our Council member Lisa Beatty at email@example.com